For instance, waaaaaay back in August, Sparklee at karmamatopoeia gave me two awards:
Aren't they pretty?
Now I need to come up with 7 things to tell you about myself. Let's see, what can I say that most of you don't already know about me?
- I am obsessed with Swamp People. I feel like I should feel guilty watching this, because so many people already have this backwoods, Deliverance-esque impression of every Cajun they meet and I hate reinforcing stereotypes . . . but these people are for real, and they practically live in my back yard. They are good, funny, smart, hard-working folks, and I am proud to call them my people.
- I despise nursery rhymes and songs. Really, if I could pay someone just to sing the stupid dang things with my two year old until we were past the awful preschool stage, I'd be a happy camper.
- I had to testify at a school board against my 7th grade science teacher. Barrel of monkeys, that was. She was fired (*ahem* relocated) for unauthorized teaching of sex ed. Really, I didn't pay attention to most of what she said, because it was ridiculous, largely inaccurate, and not of any interest to me. Still, at that age, having to testify in front of a room full of people, while she and her attorney husband glared at me and board members kept asking me to define words for them to make sure I knew what they meant was excruciating. It's a wonder I didn't decide right then and there to homeschool my own children.
- I am going to miss washing diapers. Nope, not a joke. Over the last few years I have fallen in love with my sling and cloth diapers, and I will be very sad when they are gone for good.
- I want to build and live in a monolithic dome one day. This is not a whim. We've downloaded plans and everything.
- I am a popcorn snob. I cannot even force myself to eat microwave popcorn anymore. It must be popped on the stove and topped with salt and real melted butter. End of discussion.
- I am one of those awful people who hates to follow rules. I never tag people. I just can't do it. I have a gazillion blogs I follow and you are all lovely and sunshiny and I just can't choose. So, rebel that I am, I won't. If you are reading this, consider yourself lovely, sunshiny, and tagged! :)