- A site redesign - Ok, so I knew better than to change that one teeny tiny thing in the sidebar. It's never just one teeny tiny thing. So, my bad on that one. It's not completely where I want it, but things work. For now. I can tack the rest on to my New Year's goal list.
- A toddler who spontaneously decided to wean and sleep in her own bed like a big girl - Yes, it did free up some time in the evenings, but it completely threw things off for a few nights. We're good now. And mama has ended the pity party. My baby is now a big girl. Officially. And that's a good thing. (I suppose.)
- A nasty string of migraines - I'm still not 100% yet. I can't blame it on trigger foods or hormones. Just . . . wham. Thanks, head.
- A serious case of the blahs - Nights where I just don't want to write. Or fold the clothes. Or do much of anything. When I'm already way behind. But it's ok, because thanks to the blahs I don't really care if I have 20k words instead of 30k. Eh.
- A curriculum overhaul - Seriously, what is wrong with me? In all fairness to myself, things weren't working, Ella wasn't happy, Mama wasn't happy and me being who I am wanted to fix it right now. I want to bring in more Waldorfy type activities, but that led to a whole research of methods and philosophy and I'm in way over my head now. Spinning doesn't even begin to describe what my head is doing. I'll have another post on this once I figure things out a little better. And before you even ask, NO, this could not wait until next month. Because next month is December. And the month after that would be something else. We're broken, and I'm fixing it now. 'Cause that's how I roll. Even in November.
(For the record, I currently have over 23,000 words, and Ella is almost finished. Not too shabby, considering everything else. I'm making peace with it all. Or, at least, I'm trying to make peace with it.)